Wednesday 12 November 2014

Unit 1: Moodboard and Storyboard


Mood Board


 

Storyboard


 

Budget

If I created my game at home I would need to set a budget. This is because I would need to buy all of the programs and software needed or order to develop the game. These programs would include Photoshop, Game Maker and a PC capable of creating these games. Adobe Photoshop costs around £330. Game Maker costs around £560. For the PC capable of creating these games would most likely cost over £1000. The budget would probably be around £2000. This would enable me to work at home on making this game so that the deadline could become a lot shorter. Plus I would have more time making things more perfect outside of college.

 

Facilities/Hardware/Software/Personnel
Cost
Game Maker
Free as part of SLC - Real life cost about £500
Photoshop
Free as part of SLC – Real life cost about £250
Paint
Free at SLC – Real life cost is also free on every windows based computer
Artist
£150 per day
Musician
£150 per day
PC
Upwards of £800
Modeller
£150 per day

 

Health and Safety Check


PAT Test
This is a test given to every electrical appliance to say it is a tested product and is safe to use.
No liquid near PC.
You don’t want no liquid near PC’s as it could damage a very expensive PC.

 

 

 
 
 
Contingency plan

What can go wrong
How to avoid
Loss of data
Back up the files multiple times to stop the risk of losing a document.
Electrical Fire hazard
There is a slight risk of a there being a fire when there are electrical wires around. To prevent this I will have to make sure the wires are fine and compact and tidy.

Clearances


Example of a Contract

 
Callan’s Platform Game Contract

By signing this contract I agree to comply with the necessary work hours allotted for myself to do the work for _________. If I breech this contract _________, will not have to pay you money that was originally planned in order for myself to do the work.

Signed Employee_________________________________________________________

Signed Emoyer___________________________________________________________

Date___________________________________________________________________

 
When I am creating my game if I use an image off of Google I will need to check whether these have been copyrighted. If so I wont be able to use that image as it will be illegal and I could be prosecuted if I did so. However I could ask for permission to use the image and acceptance may be granted. If I was professionally publishing this game for people to pay and play this game I would check if the game meets the rules and regulations for the PEGI rating given, so that it is appropriate for everybody to play. Due to copyright you can not use published songs for sound without permission. Therefore free options are a better solution. For instance Audio Blocks is a website where you can sign and get non-copyrighted sounds so that it is legal. At this moment in I do not need a PEGI rating, however if was creating the game professionally and I sold it for money to people I would need to give it a PEGI rating.

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment