Tuesday 7 October 2014

Pre-Production in a Maze Game

What Particular Pre-Production Requirements Will You Need For Wayne's Maze Game?

Software

The software I am going to use for Wayne's Maze game was Game Maker. In Game Maker I am going to develop my initial spites. I am going to further develop my sprites on Photoshop, this is because Photoshop can be more accurate and have a more quality finish to my designs. Furthermore I am going to use Game Maker to create rooms. These rooms are for each level of my game. After my sprites and my rooms are created I am going to use Game Maker to program my game to work. With both Photoshop and Game Maker combined I am going to create a fully working maze game. To create a draft for the maze game I am going to use Paint which is a free program which is pre-installed with Windows. All of this software is currently free for me, however if I was going to make this game professionally I would need to buy these so that the game could be produced with the best possible equipment possible.  
Game-Maker-Logo
 

Facilities

I am going to create this game in college at South Leicestershire College. At SLC I have access to all of the software I need to create the game for free. If however I was creating this game seriously I would have to hire a facility substantial to my needs in creating my maze game. To hire facilities would cost a lot of money and this would have to added to my budget. Furthermore the software will no longer be free. Therefore I would need to buy the software needed to create my maze game.
 

Time

To make a game productively I will need to make a deadline so that my game doesn't become too long in the making. My estimated time to make the game is about 2-3 weeks. This will include planning, programming, and developing. However if I was making the game professionally I would not set the deadline until a distributor told me when they want the game by. There and then I would decide a set deadline for the game so that the distributor could get the game on time and they could sell the game for me.
 

Crew

I am the only developer in my game development. I am responsible for the graphics, programming, planning and development. The deadline is set on the purpose that I am a sole developer. If I had a few people helping me in certain areas the deadline wouldn't be as long. If I was professionally making the maze game I wouldn't be the sole developer of the game. I would hire people to help me produce the game so that the game could be the best of its ability.
 

Finance

If I created my game at home I would need to set a budget. This is because I would need to buy all of the programs and software needed or order to develop the game. These programs would include Photoshop, Game Maker and a PC capable of creating these games. Adobe Photoshop costs around £330. Game Maker costs around £560. For the PC capable of creating these games would most likely cost over £1000. The budget would probably be around £2000. This would enable me to work at home on making this game so that the deadline could become a lot shorter. Plus I would have more time making things more perfect outside of college.
 

Copyright And Rules And Regulations

 
When I am creating my game if I use an image off of Google I will need to check whether these have been copyrighted. If so I wont be able to use that image as it will be illegal and I could be prosecuted if I did so. However I could ask for permission to use the image and acceptance may be granted. If I was professionally publishing this game for people to pay and play this game I would check if the game meets the rules and regulations for the PEGI rating given, so that it is appropriate for everybody to play. Due to copyright you can not use published songs for sound without permission. Therefore free options are a better solution. For instance Audio Blocks is a website where you can sign and get non-copyrighted sounds so that it is legal. At this moment in I do not need a PEGI rating, however if was creating the game professionally and I sold it for money to people I would need to give it a PEGI rating.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment